A Message From Our Team
While circumstances are evolving every day, we are endeavouring to continue to provide petcare and advice and protect our team, our clients and our pets in our usual professional and loving way.
Appointment Arrival Protocol and Information
YES, WE ARE OPEN TO SERVE YOU AND YOUR PETS, HOWEVER, IT’S NOT QUITE “BUSINESS AS USUAL” AT THE BVC.
Our priority remains the health and safety of our team, our clients and our patients and we are adapting our protocols to ensure this.
We have adapted staff schedules to ensure our teams do not cross-contaminate. This might make seeing your vet of choice more difficult, but Drs Richard, Lucy, and Maria are all still consulting at various times over the week.
We are trying to reduce the amount of time that you need to spend in the BVC so please follow the below instructions:
- Please arrive on time for your appointment. We are allowing extra time because we want to ensure people do not have to interact with other clients when visiting.
- Please call us on 5241 2388 to advise us of your arrival. Our team will notify you when it is appropriate to enter.
- Only one human may attend a consult inside the BVC. We are not using our waiting room so you will be shown straight into a consult room and asked to wait until the team can give you their undivided attention.
- Increasingly we will be conducting “kerbside consults”. This means that the vet will come to the carpark to discuss your pet’s needs, or a team member may collect your pet from the car and bring them into the Centre for a more thorough examination than is possible outside.
- If we “kidnap” your pet the vet will call you on your mobile to discuss your concerns and their findings as they conduct their examination.
- On completion, our team will arrange payment. Please advise if you wish the receptionist to do a telephone transaction. We also have a mobile EFTPOS machine that can be brought to the car when we return the pet to you. (We are asking for “cashless” payment as our preferred method at this time).
- We will return your pet to you together with any required medications, products, food and instructions.
Please note these precautions apply to medication refills or pet food needs. Please telephone our team (with 24 hours notice) to arrange for them to be ready for immediate collection. Payment can be made over the telephone and the team will be able to deliver your product to the car for you.
We wish to reiterate that there is still no evidence that pets can carry or transmit COVID-19. Our concerns are strictly about limiting human-to-human contact.
Pets are our passion.
Here at the Belmont Veterinary Centre, we believe in preventative treatment and wellness care. We work hard to make sure your pet enjoys a happy and healthy life that starts during their first visit with us. We focus on providing a fear free, calm experience so that you and your pet can leave every visit with a smile on their face! We proudly see cats, dogs, birds, and pocket pets.
We accept a variety of payment options including cash, debit & credit cards, American Express, Vetpay and Openpay.
Openpay allows pet owners to care for their pets today and pay for the vet bill over a timeline that suits their lifestyle, without leaving them in a nasty debt cycle. All you have to do is download the app, start shopping, and select Openpay as your payment option!
We treat you and your pets as family.
If you need immediate assistance, our contact information is below.